Amanda-Users

Re: amrecove does not connect

2007-11-27 16:45:54
Subject: Re: amrecove does not connect
From: Charles Stroom <charles AT stremen.xs4all DOT nl>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 22:39:39 +0100
I tried Jean-Louis's suggestion:

"
fiume:~ # amrecover -oauth=bsdtcp
AMRECOVER Version 2.5.2p1. Contacting server on localhost ...
[request failed: recv error: Connection reset by peer]
"

the reply is different now and instantaneous.  So I checked a bit
further and my amanda-conf file did have the auth = "bsdtcp line
already in.  So after some more trials I did:

"
fiume:~ # amrecover daily
AMRECOVER Version 2.5.2p1. Contacting server on fiume.localnet ...
220 fiume AMANDA index server (2.5.2p1) ready.
Setting restore date to today (2007-11-27)
"
and netstat -taunp | grep :1008 show the established connections.

So, it was the "daily" argument that was missing and did the trick.
My problem is solved, thanks.  I am still a bit puzzled what the line:
"
conf "daily"                            # your config name
"
means in my amanda-conf file.  Would that not set "daily" as the
default?

Again, thanks for the various replies.

Regards,

Charles