Amanda-Users

Changing the from address in reports

2007-11-10 12:51:02
Subject: Changing the from address in reports
From: Dan Brown <monkeypants AT shaw DOT ca>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2007 11:39:12 -0600
I would like my Amanda backup reports to mail out to a non-local
address.  Currently when I get them, they come from
[email protected] so they don't even have the hostname of the
backup server associated with it.  I've used Amanda for quite a while to
backup a number of servers and am currently using 2.5.2p1 but up until
recently I just had reports delivered to the local amanda user.

[email protected] is getting caught up by our spam filter for
obvious reasons.  Is there somewhere within the amanda config I can set
this or is this something I have to tell the mail system to forcefully
add a domain/hostname onto for outgoing mail?

---
Dan Brown
monkeypants AT shaw DOT ca