Amanda-Users

Re: problems with chg-zd-mtx and using 2 drives

2007-10-16 14:56:13
Subject: Re: problems with chg-zd-mtx and using 2 drives
From: "Dustin J. Mitchell" <dustin AT zmanda DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 13:42:52 -0500
On 10/16/07, Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com> wrote:
> Also, line 389 is a line from which mtx would be executed.
> It is the only place where mtx would be executed and it
> is only called to from three other places in the script.
> When called, the command name is passed as $MTX.  From the
> message this appears to be "mtx" but I think in amanda.h
> or config.h you could specify a full pathname and recompile.

This happens when configure does not find mt or mtx at configure time
-- it just uses 'mt' and 'mtx', rather than fully qualifying their
paths.  The easy fix is to edit chg-lib.sh, which in the central
location for definitions of these variables.  The harder fix is to
recompile on a system with mt/mtx installed, and with /usr/local/sbin
in the PATH, so that configure can find them.

Dustin

--
Storage Software Engineer
http://www.zmanda.com