Amanda-Users

RE: Amanda exclusions

2007-10-05 12:10:02
Subject: RE: Amanda exclusions
From: "Johan Booysen" <johan AT matrix-data.co DOT uk>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2007 17:09:15 +0100
That seems to be a much better solution, as opposed to modifying exclude
files on backup clients.

If I leave my dumptype definition the way it currently stands (still
specifying an exclude file), and add

backupclientname /usr/local/clients {
  comp-tar
  exclude list "/client_archive"
}

to the disklist, will amanda use both the exclude files on each client
AND the specific settings for that modified entry in the disklist?  That
would be great for now.

Thank you!