Amanda-Users

Excluding browser cache directories

2007-10-05 13:35:14
Subject: Excluding browser cache directories
From: Paul Lussier <pll+amanda AT permabit DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 05 Oct 2007 13:38:45 -0400
Hi all,

Has anyone come up with a decent way to exclude browser cache directories?
I see lots of errors in my logs like:

 ./foo/.mozilla/firefox/1914opvg.Remote/Cache/0D5C1D68d01: Warning: Cannot
stat: No such file or directory

The problem seems to be the complete lack of standard locations for
browser caches combined with the ridiculous number of possible
browsers.

I suppose the easiest thing to do is run find on my user partitions to
locate them all, then enumerate them, but I was hoping someone here
migh have a better solution.

--
Thanks,
Paul