Amanda-Users

RE: Amanda exclusions

2007-10-05 11:02:09
Subject: RE: Amanda exclusions
From: "Johan Booysen" <johan AT matrix-data.co DOT uk>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2007 16:03:49 +0100
Hi Jon,

Thanks for your reply!  You may remember that you helped me a great deal
to set up our amanda server about 2 years ago!

What confuses me is that it's not really clear to me how amanda appends
what you want to exclude to disklist entries.

Like, if I have the following disklist entries:
backupclientname    /usr/local/clients    comp-tar
backupclientname    /home    comp-tar
backupclientname    /data    comp-tar

and the exclude file contains:

./client1/archive

does amanda just simply ignore /home/client1/archive and
/data/client1/archive (because they don't exist in the first place)?

Thank you very much!