Amanda-Users

testing with amanda.

2007-10-04 14:36:04
Subject: testing with amanda.
From: "Krahn, Anderson" <AKrahn AT gs1us DOT org>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2007 13:39:02 -0500

Hi,

I have a few questions regarding testing with a new Amanda install.

1). How can I re-use a tape to write multiple dump within a day for testing purposes?

cat tapelist

20071004092251 EGV003 reuse

20071003173354 EGV002 reuse

20071003 EGV004 reuse

Seems that everytime I run a backup Amanda expects a new tape for another one.

2). I installed mtx on the system and using the

tpchanger "chg-mtx" # the tape-changer glue script

in Amanda.conf.

How does Amanda know to use mtx when a tape becomes full during a backup?

3). Is there anyway to tell Amanda to use a backup window once amdump is called from cron?

Appreciate any knowledge on these questions.

Thanks,

Anderson