Amanda-Users

Re: sendsize finishes, planner doesn't notice...

2007-10-04 13:48:45
Subject: Re: sendsize finishes, planner doesn't notice...
From: Paul Lussier <pll+amanda AT permabit DOT com>
To: Jean-Louis Martineau <martineau AT zmanda DOT com>
Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2007 13:50:30 -0400
Jean-Louis Martineau <martineau AT zmanda DOT com> writes:

> It's weird.
>
> Do you have an amdump log file or just amdump.1?
> The only way to get this is if you killed amanda process on the
> server, maybe a server crash.
> Do you still have amanda process running on the server?

No, the reason it's a .1 is because I killed the process on the server
after 12 hours of inactivity.  I'm currently running another dump
attempt with locally compiled 2.5.2 vs. the Debian package.  My theory
is that 2.5.2 doesn't have this problem.

I could have let it run to completion, but it would have taken 3 days or so...
--
Thanks,
Paul