Amanda-Users

Re: testing with amanda.

2007-10-05 23:45:37
Subject: Re: testing with amanda.
From: "Dustin J. Mitchell" <dustin AT zmanda DOT com>
To: cdewick AT lios.apana.org DOT au
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2007 22:48:08 -0500
On 10/5/07, Craig Dewick <cdewick AT lios.apana.org DOT au> wrote:
> On Thu, 4 Oct 2007, Krahn, Anderson wrote:
> > Seems that everytime I run a backup Amanda expects a new tape for
> > another one.
> Standard behaviour is to use a new tape for each run. There might be a way
> to have a tape used for multiple runs but I'm not sure how to configure
> for that.

At the moment, there is no way to do so.  The feature is called
"append-to-tape", and is something we're actively working to support.

> At the moment I don't believe Amanda has a way to span backups across
> multiple tapes, so when a tape is full the backup terminates.

This, however, is not the case -- Amanda supports spanning.  See:
  http://wiki.zmanda.com/index.php/How_To:Split_Dumps_Across_Tapes

Dustin

--
Storage Software Engineer