Amanda-Users

Re: testing with amanda.

2007-10-05 23:00:31
Subject: Re: testing with amanda.
From: Craig Dewick <cdewick AT lios.apana.org DOT au>
Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2007 13:03:18 +1000 (EST)
On Thu, 4 Oct 2007, Krahn, Anderson wrote:

Hi,
I have a few questions regarding testing with a new Amanda install.

1). How can I re-use a tape to write multiple dump within a day for
testing purposes?
cat tapelist
20071004092251 EGV003 reuse
20071003173354 EGV002 reuse
20071003 EGV004 reuse
Seems that everytime I run a backup Amanda expects a new tape for
another one.

Standard behaviour is to use a new tape for each run. There might be a way to have a tape used for multiple runs but I'm not sure how to configure for that.

2). I installed mtx on the system and using the
tpchanger "chg-mtx" # the tape-changer glue script
in Amanda.conf.
How does Amanda know to use mtx when a tape becomes full during a
backup?

At the moment I don't believe Amanda has a way to span backups across multiple tapes, so when a tape is full the backup terminates.

3). Is there anyway to tell Amanda to use a backup window once amdump is
called from cron?

I'm not sure what you mean by 'window' in this context. 8-)

Craig.

--
Post by Craig Dewick (tm). Web @ "http://lios.apana.org.au/~cdewick";.
Email 2 "cdewick AT lios.apana.org DOT au". SunShack @ "http://www.sunshack.org";