Amanda-Users

Re: amstatus: no estimate and disk was stranded on waitq

2007-07-26 13:45:35
Subject: Re: amstatus: no estimate and disk was stranded on waitq
From: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 11:24:18 -0400
On Thu, Jul 26, 2007 at 03:10:40AM -0700, fedora wrote:

> Hello,
>
> >There was no tape in your drive/changer or it was not writeable (write
> >protected, broken tape, no tape with valid label,...)
>
> Actually I am using tapeless. I made HDD as virtual tape (tapetype
> HARD-DISK). The tape was writable (drwxrwx---), I think it could be broken
> tape. How do we know the tape is broken or not? Do I need to delete the
> broken tape and do amlabel again if the tape broken?

Vtape or Ptape, big deal.  I don't think anything that has been said has
pertained to physical or virtual tapes only.

IIRC (I didn't look back) your run was looking for tape number 11.
Tape number 11 could not be located.  Why was not clear to anyone
who read your posting.  But amanda could not find a tape 11.

As you don't have more tapes available than exactly the number
required, not locating any single tape means amanda can't write
to any tape.  Because it must write to a tapecycle (minus 1)
tapes before it can overwrite any of the other tapes.  This
would be true for amflush or amdump.

So the thing you need to do is:
A) find out why tape 11 is not accessible
B) add many more vtapes to your cycle

 JG Computing
 4455 Province Line Road        (609) 252-0159
 Princeton, NJ  08540-4322      (609) 683-7220 (fax)