Amanda-Users

Re: How to Extract Same Database in Two Different Virtual Tapes??

2007-06-14 06:44:32
Subject: Re: How to Extract Same Database in Two Different Virtual Tapes??
From: Paul Bijnens <Paul.Bijnens AT xplanation DOT com>
To: fedora <zuki AT abamon DOT com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 12:38:01 +0200
On 2007-06-13 05:05, fedora wrote:
> this is my changer.conf:
>
> multieject 0
> gravity 0
> needeject 0
> ejectdelay 0
>
> statefile /usr/local/etc/amanda/DailySet1/changer-status
>
> firstslot 1
> lastslot 14
>
> slot 1 file:/data/amandadumps/tape01
> slot 2 file:/data/amandadumps/tape02
> slot 3 file:/data/amandadumps/tape03
> slot 4 file:/data/amandadumps/tape04
> slot 5 file:/data/amandadumps/tape05
> slot 6 file:/data/amandadumps/tape06
> slot 7 file:/data/amandadumps/tape07
> slot 8 file:/data/amandadumps/tape08
> slot 9 file:/data/amandadumps/tape09
> slot 10 file:/data/amandadumps/tape10
> slot 11 file:/data/amandadumps/tape11
> slot 12 file:/data/amandadumps/tape12
> slot 13 file:/data/amandadumps/tape13
> slot 14 file:/data/amandadumps/tape14
>
> here is settings in amanda.conf:
>
> runtapes 1                      # number of tapes to be used in a single run
> of amdump
> #tpchanger "chg-manual"         # the tape-changer glue script
> tpchanger "chg-multi"           # the tape-changer glue script
> tapedev "/dev/null"     # the no-rewind tape device to be used
> rawtapedev "/dev/null"  # the raw device to be used (ftape only)
> #changerfile "/usr/local/etc/amanda/DailySet1/changer"
> #changerfile "/usr/local/etc/amanda/DailySet1/changer-status"
> changerfile "/usr/local/etc/amanda/DailySet1/changer.conf"
> #changerdev "/dev/null"
>
> amrecover_do_fsf yes
> amrecover_check_label yes
> amrecover_changer "/dev/null"

Really a strange and confusing name for your changer :-)
My setting is:
  amrecover_changer "changer"

> pls advice.. TQ guys..
>

> Marc Muehlfeld wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>>> If U see the Ayofun_CSite database appeared in two different virtual
>>> tapes. I can recover for just one virtual tape. How to recover both of
>>> different virtual tapes? Pls help. --
>> I use a tape changer configuration for my vtapes, too. When I restore
>> files that are on more than one vtape, then amrecover ask me to insert
>> tape1 (the changer does this by hisself when I hit yes), and later for
>> tape2 (same procedure). No need to change the tapes by myself or something
>> else.
>>
>> I think something is wrong with your changer configuration. Take a look at
>> http://www.amanda.org/docs/howto-filedriver.html
>>
>> If you don't find the problem with the documentation, you can send your
>> changer configuration to the list, so we can try to find the problem.
>>
>> Regards
>> Marc

Try this:

  amrecover DailySet1 -d /dev/null
        # I said, you do have a strange and confusing name for your
        # changer :-)
  > setdate 2007-06-10
  > sethost thishost
  > setdisk /this/disk
  > add .
  > extract
   ... Now verify that amanda is using the changer as you named it.
   ... Really confusing when you named you changer to  another
   ... existing device ...
  Extracting files using tape drive /dev/null on host amandahost.
  The following tapes are needed: DailySet1-XX

--
Paul Bijnens, xplanation Technology Services        Tel  +32 16 397.511
* I think I've got the hang of it now:  exit, ^D, ^C, ^\, ^Z, ^Q, ^^, *