Amanda-Users

mtx reports I/E slot incorrectly

2007-06-14 13:18:07
Subject: mtx reports I/E slot incorrectly
From: "Paul Lussier" <pllsaph AT gmail DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 13:12:12 -0400
Hi all,

I have an Overland ARCVault 24 LOT3 tape changer library which can
reserve either 1 or 12 of it's slots as Import/Export slots.

When I reserve 12 slots, the number of slots available, as seen by mtx
is 12, which makes sense.  When I reserve only a single slot for I/E,
the changer uses slot 1, but mtx reports slot 24:

$ mtx -f /dev/sg1 status
 Storage Changer /dev/sg1:1 Drives, 24 Slots ( 1 Import/Export )
Data Transfer Element 0:Empty
     Storage Element 1:Full :VolumeTag=004038L2
       [...]
     Storage Element 23:Empty
     Storage Element 24 IMPORT/EXPORT:Empty

Is this a matter of mtx assuming that cleaning and I/E slots are
always the last slot by convention?  Or is there a way to configure
MTX to report this correctly?

Or, is this a bug with mtx, and should I report it directly to the mtx list?

Thanks.
--
Seeya,
Paul