Amanda-Users

Re: How to Extract Same Database in Two Different Virtual Tapes??

2007-06-11 06:22:58
Subject: Re: How to Extract Same Database in Two Different Virtual Tapes??
From: "Marc Muehlfeld" <Marc.Muehlfeld AT medizinische-genetik DOT de>
To: "fedora" <zuki AT abamon DOT com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 12:17:35 +0200 (CEST)
Hi,

> If U see the Ayofun_CSite database appeared in two different virtual
> tapes. I can recover for just one virtual tape. How to recover both of
> different virtual tapes? Pls help. --

I use a tape changer configuration for my vtapes, too. When I restore
files that are on more than one vtape, then amrecover ask me to insert
tape1 (the changer does this by hisself when I hit yes), and later for
tape2 (same procedure). No need to change the tapes by myself or something
else.

I think something is wrong with your changer configuration. Take a look at
http://www.amanda.org/docs/howto-filedriver.html

If you don't find the problem with the documentation, you can send your
changer configuration to the list, so we can try to find the problem.

Regards
Marc

--
Marc Muehlfeld (Leitung Systemadministration)
Zentrum fuer Humangenetik und Laboratoriumsmedizin Dr. Klein und Dr. Rost