Amanda-Users

Re: How to Extract Same Database in Two Different Virtual Tapes??

2007-06-11 06:37:02
Subject: Re: How to Extract Same Database in Two Different Virtual Tapes??
From: Paul Bijnens <Paul.Bijnens AT xplanation DOT com>
To: Amanda List <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 12:34:16 +0200
On 2007-06-11 12:17, Marc Muehlfeld wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> If U see the Ayofun_CSite database appeared in two different virtual
>> tapes. I can recover for just one virtual tape. How to recover both of
>> different virtual tapes? Pls help. --
>
> I use a tape changer configuration for my vtapes, too. When I restore
> files that are on more than one vtape, then amrecover ask me to insert
> tape1 (the changer does this by hisself when I hit yes), and later for
> tape2 (same procedure). No need to change the tapes by myself or something
> else.
>
> I think something is wrong with your changer configuration. Take a look at
> http://www.amanda.org/docs/howto-filedriver.html

See also:

http://wiki.zmanda.com/index.php/File_driver#Recovery

wich has a much updated version of that text, including how to
load the tapes automatically, instead of manually.

--
Paul Bijnens, xplanation Technology Services        Tel  +32 16 397.511
* I think I've got the hang of it now:  exit, ^D, ^C, ^\, ^Z, ^Q, ^^, *