Amanda-Users

estimate timeouts at 6hrs?

2007-06-11 09:07:31
Subject: estimate timeouts at 6hrs?
From: Jean-Francois Malouin <Jean-Francois.Malouin AT bic.mni.mcgill DOT ca>
To: AMANDA users <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 08:29:33 -0400
Hi,

A new problem that has me stumped: all the amdumps from client to server
(same host runing 2.5.2-20070623) have failed due to estimate timing
out after 6:00h. This happened in all the multiple config that I run,
even though the etimeout in each of the amanda config is set to
ridiculous value: in one case etimeout=5600 and I have 77 DLEs which
should not timeout for ~120h! Anything else could cause this:

FAILURE AND STRANGE DUMP SUMMARY:
  yorick  /data/bigml/bigml1                  lev 0  FAILED [disk
/data/bigml/bigml1, all estimate timed out]
  yorick  /data/nih/nih1/                     lev 0  FAILED [disk
/data/nih/nih1/, all estimate timed out]
 planner: ERROR Request to yorick failed: EOF on read from yorick

STATISTICS:
                          Total       Full      Incr.
Estimate Time (hrs:min)    6:00
Run Time (hrs:min)        15:07
Dump Time (hrs:min)       15:14      14:59       0:15

jf
--
<° ><