Amanda-Users

Re: FAILURE AND STRANGE DUMP SUMMARY

2007-06-08 17:58:57
Subject: Re: FAILURE AND STRANGE DUMP SUMMARY
From: "Dustin J. Mitchell" <dustin AT zmanda DOT com>
To: fedora <zuki AT abamon DOT com>
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2007 16:52:22 -0500
On Fri, Jun 08, 2007 at 01:15:51AM -0700, fedora wrote:
> Is there any proper mysql backup that can backup database without stopping
> it??

You've already had a number of suggestions, so I'll just add one (and a
shameless one, at that): ZRM for MySQL can back up MySQL databases
without the need to dump them first or take them offline.  See
http://mysqlbackup.zmanda.com/ for documentation and downloads.

For the other folks who posted scripts (wow! I haven't seen a response
like that in a while!), please feel free to add the scripts and
descriptions of them to http://wiki.zmanda.com, for those that are not
already posted there.

Dustin

--