Amanda-Users

Re: FAILURE AND STRANGE DUMP SUMMARY

2007-06-08 04:41:50
Subject: Re: FAILURE AND STRANGE DUMP SUMMARY
From: Olivier Nicole <on AT cs.ait.ac DOT th>
To: zuki AT abamon DOT com
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2007 15:36:26 +0700 (ICT)
> Is there any proper mysql backup that can backup database without stopping
> it??
> If so, I don't have to worry about it? Of course it wasn't failed but I just
> worried if I recover it and the database or tables might be corrupt just
> because Amanda detected strange. Please advice.

I remember I have seen something about backuping MySQL database, look
at Amanda web site.

Now what is the file ./mysql/general_log.CSV ?

In my run of MySQL (version 4) I do not have such a file. Is it
important or not if you loose it? If it is only a log file, like the
name suggests, maybe loosing it would not be so dramatic.

Best regards,

Olivier