Amanda-Users

Re: FAILURE AND STRANGE DUMP SUMMARY

2007-06-08 11:08:32
Subject: Re: FAILURE AND STRANGE DUMP SUMMARY
From: Bruce Thompson <drllama AT otherother DOT com>
To: fedora <zuki AT abamon DOT com>
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2007 08:01:37 -0700

On Jun 8, 2007, at 1:15 AM, fedora wrote:

Is there any proper mysql backup that can backup database without stopping
it??
If so, I don't have to worry about it? Of course it wasn't failed but I just worried if I recover it and the database or tables might be corrupt just
because Amanda detected strange. Please advice.

In my opinion your best bet is to regularly back up you MySQL databases and let those backups be stored by Amanda.

There is a script http://sourceforge.net/projects/automysqlbackup/ that when run daily from cron will do daily, weekly and monthly backups of all or some of your MySQL databases. On my server, I exclude the raw MySQL databases and back up the MySQL backups. In the event of a restore, the backups can be easily applied to the new installation of MySQL and you're back up and running.

Cheers,
Bruce.

believed to be clean.