Amanda-Users

Re: FAILURE AND STRANGE DUMP SUMMARY

2007-06-08 04:41:47
Subject: Re: FAILURE AND STRANGE DUMP SUMMARY
From: Marc Muehlfeld <Marc.Muehlfeld AT medizinische-genetik DOT de>
To: fedora <zuki AT abamon DOT com>
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2007 10:34:52 +0200
Hi,

fedora schrieb:
> Is there any proper mysql backup that can backup database without stopping
> it??
> If so, I don't have to worry about it? Of course it wasn't failed but I just
> worried if I recover it and the database or tables might be corrupt just
> because Amanda detected strange. Please advice.
I use a script for exporting the databases to an extra partition some time before amanda collect the data for backup. The script backup every database into a single file, using mysqldump. Also it write me a small logfile and send me an eMail if an error occured. All this is done while the MySQL server is running. Only for backup the BinaryLogs I have to lock the tables for a second.

For me this is the best solution.

Regards
Marc

--
Marc Muehlfeld (Leitung Systemadministration)
Zentrum fuer Humangenetik und Laboratoriumsmedizin Dr. Klein und Dr. Rost