Amanda-Users

Re: amdump - backup error

2007-05-30 14:36:03
Subject: Re: amdump - backup error
From: "Dustin J. Mitchell" <dustin AT zmanda DOT com>
To: Jeanna Geier <jeanna AT webteam DOT net>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 13:28:48 -0500
On Wed, May 30, 2007 at 01:19:42PM -0500, Jeanna Geier wrote:
> I looked in the amdump script, and I don't see anything in
> there that I can/should modify - but it has to be getting
> called from somewhere, because when I run 'amdump
> DailySet3', it's calling 'backup' from within there
> somewhere...

See
 http://wiki.zmanda.com/index.php/Amanda.conf#DUMPTYPE_SECTION
You want to use 'program GNUTAR' in your dumptypes.  Amanda has detected
'backup' as the local DUMP implementation (other, completely different
programs are called 'backup' on other systems)

Dustin

--
        Dustin J. Mitchell
        Storage Software Engineer, Zmanda, Inc.