Amanda-Users

Re: newbie ? - tapeless operation -> amlabel error

2007-05-29 16:55:17
Subject: Re: newbie ? - tapeless operation -> amlabel error
From: "Jeanna Geier" <jeanna AT webteam DOT net>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org, "Robert Echlin" <rechlin AT espial DOT com>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 14:51:50 -0500
Thanks so much for the reply!

I can change that parameter value, however, in the 'HOWTO'
I was following, it tells me to comment out that specific
parameter so I don't think that will help:

   ---------------------------------
   /etc/amanda/DailySet1/amanda.conf
   ---------------------------------
   # These are the options that differ from
   examples/amanda.conf

   dumpcycle 14 days
   tapecycle 14
   #runspercycle  # defaults to 1 per day

   runtapes 1
   tpchanger "chg-multi"
   changerfile "/etc/amanda/DailySet1/changer.conf"
   # Comment out tapedev and changerdev

Thanks for the input, though - I'll make sure to
double-check the value so when I do get ready to write it
to tape, the value is correct!

-jg

> On Tue, 29 May 2007 15:23:27 -0400
>  "Robert Echlin" <rechlin AT espial DOT com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I ran into a similar message :
> > "
> > amlabel: could not load slot "1": could not read result
> > from
> > "/usr/lib/amanda/chg-disk"
> > "
> >
> > I found the answer on the forums:
> > http://forums.zmanda.com/archive/index.php/t-470.html
> >
> > In your amanda.conf, you need to define:
> > tapedev "file://path/to/your/slots"
> >
> > Rob

Jeanna Geier
System Administrator