Amanda-Users

Re: restore not finding all incremental levels

2007-04-19 19:34:02
Subject: Re: restore not finding all incremental levels
From: Jean-Louis Martineau <martineau AT zmanda DOT com>
To: Paul Yeatman <pyeatman AT mamacass.ucsd DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 19:30:01 -0400
Paul Yeatman wrote:
So, as I continue to look at the problem, I haven't seen before
that an amflush is require for the directories on holding disk to
be included in a recovery yet . . . this kinda of seems to be the
case now (that is as much a question as it is a statement).  I see
in the amindexd.###.debug log that it is trying to "gzip -dc ... "
files in the amanda index directory for the disk being restored
yet these files don't exist.  For instance, the log says this is
being executed

/bin/gzip -dc '/etc/amanda/cass/index/cass246/_/20070331_6.gz' 2>/dev/null | sort > '/etc/amanda/cass/index/cass246/_/20070331_6'
yet "/etc/amanda/cass/index/cass246/_/20070331_6.gz" does not exist;
It is instead on the holding disk.  Does it not exist because I have
never run amflush?  I swear I've performed tens of recoveries that
included files on the holding disk that were (obviously) never
amflushed.  I'm so confused!

amanda will never remove the compressed index files (.gz) while the dump are still on tape or holding disk. You said that you removed some dump from holding disk to debug your previous problem, if you ran amdump while dump was missing, amanda has removed the index file.

I hope you have a backup of your index files.

Jean-Louis