Amanda-Users

Re: restore not finding all incremental levels

2007-04-18 14:23:36
Subject: Re: restore not finding all incremental levels
From: Paul Yeatman <pyeatman AT mamacass.ucsd DOT edu>
To: Jean-Louis Martineau <martineau AT zmanda DOT com>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 11:13:54 -0700

  --received from Jean-Louis Martineau--

> Maybe all file included in level 1-5 are also included in level 6-7,
> level 1-5 are not needed for recovery.
> You can find it by running zdiff on your index files.
>
> Jean-Louis

Thanks, Jean-Louis.  I thought about this but I have never seen this
type of behavior before after many years of running Amanda.  I've
always seen Amanda methodically go through all of the incremental
levels even if all a level contained were directories (changed dates,
likely).  This is a much newer version of Amanda than I've used most
of the time, however, and is possibly newer and smarter Amanda
behavior...?

Paul

--
Paul Yeatman       (858) 534-9896        pyeatman AT ucsd DOT edu