Amanda-Users

Re: missing result

2007-03-24 15:39:13
Subject: Re: missing result
From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2007 15:26:24 -0400
On Saturday 24 March 2007, Jon LaBadie wrote:
>On Sat, Mar 24, 2007 at 12:01:16AM -0400, Joe Konecny wrote:
>> I left it 644 and it seems ok.  Strange the whole amandates thing
>> isn't in the docs (except for the cygwin
>> part so you'd think it wouldn't apply) and it's not in the faq either.
>> Seems like it should be part of the
>> installation instructions.
>
>There are two separate attempts to create the /etc/amandates file in
>the source code client-src/amandates.c when access to the file is
>first attempted.  So it typically would not be an installation item.
>Perhaps cygwin is a special case where those creation attemps fail.

ISTR it also failed here on this FC6 box and I had to touch it after
installing amanda from the old installs /home/amanda tree, back in the
middle of November 2006.  ISTR amanda didn't have perms to touch (create)
a file in the /etc dir, so I had to do it as root, then chown and chmod
it.  Then everybody was happy.  Which at the time may have been an
selinux problem.  That's such a PITA its been disabled after the first
week of its screwups like that.

-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
There are more old drunkards than old doctors.