Amanda-Users

Re: missing result

2007-03-22 23:34:39
Subject: Re: missing result
From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 23:28:44 -0400
On Thursday 22 March 2007, Joe Konecny wrote:
>Gene Heskett wrote:
>> On Thursday 22 March 2007, Joe Konecny wrote:
>>> I upgraded from 2.4.5? to 2.5.1p3 and now have the following
>>> problem... Can anyone provide any insight?
>>
>> The security model was changed in the middle of that transition.  Did
>> you do the appropriate changes, which I believe are explained in the
>> FAQ?
>
>I've searched the faq but have turned up nothing.  Is there a chance you
>could point me in the
>right direction to find the info I need to make this work?

Not right at the moment but I expect a google search for amanda +
bsdtcp-security might turn up something.  I had to add a line to my
configuration driver script which I posted in another thread on this list
just this evening, and I had to create a couple of files, the exact
details of which elude me as I've reached that age (72) where short term
memory isn't so quick.

I do see that the /home/amanda/.amandahosts file has some additions also.
More aliases mainly.

This line in my gh.cf file which drives the configure stage here was
added:
        --with-bsdtcp-security \

There might be something in the docs directory of the tarball.

Yes, start with howto-auth.txt in the tarballs doc directory to do it how
I am, which probably isn't the ultimate model, but it works for me.

-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
You want brutality and heuristics?  I'll give you brutality and
heuristics...

        - Eric S. Raymond on linux-kernel