Amanda-Users

Re: SCSI card recommendations?

2007-03-08 14:14:46
Subject: Re: SCSI card recommendations?
From: "Guy Dallaire" <clepeterd AT gmail DOT com>
To: "Joshua Baker-LePain" <jlb17 AT duke DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2007 14:07:48 -0500

2007/3/8, Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 AT duke DOT edu>:
On Thu, 8 Mar 2007 at 1:26pm, Guy Dallaire wrote

> We have an OVERLAD dataloader Xpress LTO2 library (The 108 Gb/Hour model)
> connected through an old adaptec AHA2940U  adapter and have no problem
> whatsoever. Running under centos 4.
>
> We get about 16 Mb/sec to the tape on average.

Erm, the rated speed of LTO2 is 40MB/s.  AIUI, LTO can throttle to half
its rated speed, but below that it's forced to shoeshine.  Are you seeing
that at all?

--

There's no easy way to tell wether it's shoeshinning or not. The performance is fine for us. Were not backing up a lot of data. I should probably put a better SCSI card in the server though. It never occured to me that the LTO could not throttle to lower than 20 Mb/sec.