Amanda-Users

Re: Problems with gtar

2006-10-26 19:55:46
Subject: Re: Problems with gtar
From: Steve Wray <steve.wray AT cwa.co DOT nz>
To: Paul Yeatman <pyeatman AT mamacass.ucsd DOT edu>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 12:47:18 +1300
Paul Yeatman wrote:
>   --received from Jean-Louis Martineau--
>>
>>> I have been seeing the same thing for about two weeks.

[snip]
> This is all with Debian Etch.
>
> Now I'm experiencing similar problems again as explained in this thread
> but with Fedora 5 boxes.
>
> I find it a bit bothersome that not just one but two linux
> distributions are releasing packages of incompatible versions of tar
> and amanda.  I suppose this is reasonable considering the complexity of
> the issue and that both are progressive versions of the distributions?

It may be a Good Idea to make certain that this issue is brought to the
attention of the Debian package maintainer for amanda, hence the CC to
Bdale Garbee.

If this *isn't* fixed before Etch freezes (some time in December?) its
unlikely that it will *ever* be fixed (since its not a security issue)
and will remain broken until the next release of Debian.

Thanks!