Amanda-Users

"estimate failed" question

2006-10-23 11:20:12
Subject: "estimate failed" question
From: "McGraw, Robert P." <rmcgraw AT purdue DOT edu>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 11:08:16 -0400
I am getting the following messages.

        planner: disk coriolis:/local, estimate of level 1 failed.
        planner: disk mailrelay:/local, estimate of level 1 failed.
        planner: disk mailrelay:/cygdrive/c/Alligate/agbackupfiles, estimate
of      level 1 failed.

My report shows:

        coriolis     /local             0        0        0    --      0:01
11.0     0:04     16.7

        mailrelay    -ate/agbackupfiles 0        1        1    --      0:02
851.6     0:02    617.0

        mailrelay    /local             0        0        0    --      0:01
12.4     0:03     20.9

My question; since the estimate failed for level 1, my report show that it
did a level 0. Is this in fact what happened. Since it could not do a level
1 it just went ahead and did a level 0? Just want to be sure I am reading
the report correctly.

Thanks

Robert P. McGraw, Jr.
Manager, Computer System                 EMAIL: rmcgraw AT purdue DOT edu
Purdue University                         ROOM: MATH-807
Department of Mathematics                PHONE: (765) 494-6055
150 N. University Street                   FAX: (419) 821-0540
West Lafayette, IN 47907-2067