Amanda-Users

question about new disks

2006-10-20 09:13:33
Subject: question about new disks
From: Steven Settlemyre <settlemy AT asel.udel DOT edu>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 09:05:50 -0400
I recently broke a disk up into subfolders to (hopefully) allow amanda to do a better job fitting things onto daily single-tape backups. But I keep getting the following errors.

HOSTNAME /files6/vol/speech7    lev 0  FAILED [disk /files6/vol/speech7, all
estimate failed]
HOSTNAME /files6/vol/spdata2    lev 0  FAILED [disk /files6/vol/spdata2, all
estimate failed]
HOSTNAME /files6/vol/spdata1    lev 0  FAILED [disk /files6/vol/spdata1, all
estimate failed]
HOSTNAME /files6/vol/bvd        lev 0  FAILED [disk /files6/vol/bvd, all
estimate failed]
HOSTNAME /files6/vol/Voiceware  lev 0  FAILED [disk /files6/vol/Voiceware, all
estimate failed]
HOSTNAME /files6/vol/Synth      lev 0  FAILED [disk /files6/vol/Synth, all
estimate failed]

Is there something else I had to do besides change the disklist file. BTW, the dumptype is

define dumptype asel-gnutar {
       comment "ASEL backups using gnutar"
       options compress-fast
       program "GNUTAR"
       tape_splitsize 5 Gb
       exclude list "/etc/backup-excludes.txt"
       index yes
}

Thanks,
Steve

Also (unrelated), I have sent a few emails to the list that never seem to make it out. Is this a known issue?