Amanda-Users

Re: Disk to disk backup setup

2006-10-20 09:22:07
Subject: Re: Disk to disk backup setup
From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 09:16:55 -0400
On Friday 20 October 2006 07:59, Yogesh Hasabnis wrote:
>Hi All,
>
> We have decided to use Amanda for our backup requirements. We are in the
> process of procuring our backup device. By the time the device arrives,
> I wish to do some hands-on and get more comfortable with Amanda. For
> this, I plan to configure a disk-to-disk backup setup with one machine
> acting as a backup server and one machine acting as backup client. I
> tried to find out the docs for disk-to-disk backup setup in the Amanda
> documentation, but I couldn't find any. Would be grateful if I get some
> pointers for the same.

Look up the "FILE:" device.  And I've found that its much more dependable
than a real tape in the form of a dds2 drive ever was.  Of course dds2 is
considered to be one of those 4 letter words you don't use in polite
company too...  You get what you pay for, or TANSTAAFL. :)

> Thanks In Advance
>
> Yogesh H

>Stay in the know. Pulse on the new Yahoo.com.  Check it out.

-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
message by Gene Heskett are: