Amanda-Users

Disk to disk backup setup

2006-10-20 08:14:10
Subject: Disk to disk backup setup
From: Yogesh Hasabnis <yhmail29 AT yahoo.co DOT in>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 04:59:37 -0700 (PDT)
Hi All,

We have decided to use Amanda for our backup requirements. We are in the process of procuring our backup device. By the time the device arrives, I wish to do some hands-on and get more comfortable with Amanda. For this, I plan to configure a disk-to-disk backup setup with one machine acting as a backup server and one machine acting as backup client. I tried to find out the docs for disk-to-disk backup setup in the Amanda documentation, but I couldn't find any. Would be grateful if I get some pointers for the same.

Thanks In Advance

Yogesh H