Amanda-Users

Re: error

2006-09-22 07:47:27
Subject: Re: error
From: Alexander Jolk <alexj AT buf DOT com>
To: rv AT domos DOT be
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 12:40:49 +0200
Reinhart Viane wrote:
NOTES:
  driver: WARNING: /var/amanda/cache: 47185920 KB requested, but only
37455780 KB available.
  taper: tape DATAOND06 kb 448448 fm 1 writing file: Input/output error
[...]
I've been searching on the internet but seem unable to find the solution.
Is this possibly due to bad tapes? Do I need to clean my tape drive (and
how?)

This error would normally indicate an out-of-tape condition. What size are your tapes supposed to be? (Real tapes or virtual tapes on disk?) If the same error manifests itself with different tapes, try reading the files in your holding disk:
cd /var/amanda/cache
cat */* > /dev/null

It might just be you've got an error on your holding disk. Checking the syslog is certainly a good idea as well.

Alex

--
Alexander Jolk         /         BUF Compagnie
tel +33-1 42 68 18 28 /  fax +33-1 42 68 18 29