Amanda-Users

error

2006-09-22 06:31:56
Subject: error
From: "Reinhart Viane" <rv AT domos DOT be>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 12:22:13 +0200
Since a couple of days i receive this error-report when a tape backup is
made :

These dumps were to tape DATAOND05.
*** A TAPE ERROR OCCURRED: [[writing file: Input/output error]].
Some dumps may have been left in the holding disk.
Run amflush to flush them to tape.
The next tape Amanda expects to use is: DATAOND06.

FAILURE AND STRANGE DUMP SUMMARY:
  xxxxxxxx  /data/daimail lev 1 FAILED [out of tape]
  xxxxxxxx  /data/home lev 2 STRANGE

Now when doing amflush I get this report:

The dumps were flushed to tape DATAOND06.
*** A TAPE ERROR OCCURRED: [[writing file: Input/output error]].
Some dumps may have been left in the holding disk.
Run amflush again to flush them to tape.
The next tape Amanda expects to use is: DATAOND07.

FAILURE AND STRANGE DUMP SUMMARY:
  daeserver  /data/admin_intern lev 0 FAILED [out of tape]

NOTES:
  driver: WARNING: /var/amanda/cache: 47185920 KB requested, but only
37455780 KB available.
  taper: tape DATAOND06 kb 448448 fm 1 writing file: Input/output error

DUMP SUMMARY:
                                     DUMPER STATS            TAPER STATS
HOSTNAME     DISK        L ORIG-KB OUT-KB COMP% MMM:SS  KB/s MMM:SS  KB/s
-------------------------- --------------------------------- ------------
xxxxxxxx  -min_intern 0     N/A      0   --    N/A   N/A   FAILED  ----
xxxxxxxx  -ta/daimail   NO FILE TO FLUSH -----------------------------
xxxxxxxx  -a/dossiers   NO FILE TO FLUSH -----------------------------
xxxxxxxx  /data/home    NO FILE TO FLUSH -----------------------------
xxxxxxxx  -a/intranet   NO FILE TO FLUSH -----------------------------

(brought to you by Amanda version 2.4.4p2)

I've been searching on the internet but seem unable to find the solution.
Is this possibly due to bad tapes? Do I need to clean my tape drive (and
how?)
Is this because the cache aint big enough?

Thx for answering or advice.
Reinhart Viane