Amanda-Users

RE: error

2006-09-22 08:33:18
Subject: RE: error
From: "Reinhart Viane" <rv AT domos DOT be>
To: "'Alexander Jolk'" <alexj AT buf DOT com>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 14:23:49 +0200
I can access (browse) the directory listed in my amandacache (it's named
20060921)
What if I just delete this directory and see if it works then? Maybe the
lack of cache is causing the problem.

I've inserted the cleaning disk, it runs and ejects automatically after 15
seconds.

I've run amflush again, this is what I receive:

The dumps were flushed to tape DATAOND07.
*** A TAPE ERROR OCCURRED: [[writing filemark: Input/output error]].
Some dumps may have been left in the holding disk.
Run amflush again to flush them to tape.
The next tape Amanda expects to use is: DATAOND08.

FAILURE AND STRANGE DUMP SUMMARY:
  daeserver  /data/admin_intern lev 0 FAILED [out of tape]

STATISTICS:
                          Total       Full      Daily
                        --------   --------   --------
Estimate Time (hrs:min)    0:00
Run Time (hrs:min)         0:01
Dump Time (hrs:min)        0:00       0:00       0:00
Output Size (meg)           0.0        0.0        0.0
Original Size (meg)         0.0        0.0        0.0
Avg Compressed Size (%)     --         --         --
Filesystems Dumped            0          0          0
Avg Dump Rate (k/s)         --         --         --

Tape Time (hrs:min)        0:00       0:00       0:00
Tape Size (meg)             0.0        0.0        0.0
Tape Used (%)               0.0        0.0        0.0
Filesystems Taped             0          0          0
Avg Tp Write Rate (k/s)     --         --         --

USAGE BY TAPE:
  Label           Time      Size      %    Nb
  DATAOND07       0:00       0.0    0.0     0

NOTES:
  driver: WARNING: /var/amanda/cache: 47185920 KB requested, but only
37455780 KB available.
  taper: tape DATAOND07 kb 0 fm 0 writing filemark: Input/output error

DUMP SUMMARY:
                                     DUMPER STATS            TAPER STATS
HOSTNAME     DISK        L ORIG-KB OUT-KB COMP% MMM:SS  KB/s MMM:SS  KB/s
daeserver    -min_intern 0     N/A      0   --    N/A   N/A   FAILED  ----
daeserver    -ta/daimail   NO FILE TO FLUSH -----------------------------
daeserver    -a/dossiers   NO FILE TO FLUSH -----------------------------
daeserver    /data/home    NO FILE TO FLUSH -----------------------------
daeserver    -a/intranet   NO FILE TO FLUSH -----------------------------

(brought to you by Amanda version 2.4.4p2)

Excuse for this question: but where do I find syslog on linux?

Thx again