Amanda-Users

Running amanda client only

2006-09-12 17:15:35
Subject: Running amanda client only
From: up AT 3 DOT am
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 16:57:49 -0400 (EDT)
Hi:

I've been using amanda for years, but I just reconfigured and updated some
servers using the latest everything and updated the disklists for the
newer format (integer/spindle).

>From FreeBSD ports, I just installed amanda-2.4.5 on the amanda server and
amanda-2.5.0p2 on the client (the ports defaulted to those).

The server is reporting that client down, so I checked and noticed that
the FBSD port for the amanda-client did not install amindexd or
amidxtaped, although it did install amandad.  Are all 3 needed for a
client?

TIA,

James Smallacombe                     PlantageNet, Inc. CEO and Janitor
up AT 3 DOT am                                                      http://3.am