Amanda-Users

Re: Support for DVD-RAM?

2006-08-06 21:09:56
Subject: Re: Support for DVD-RAM?
From: Chris Dennis <chris.dennis AT ndirect.co DOT uk>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2006 01:00:30 +0100
Sebastian Marten wrote:
Hi Jon,
I write directly to the DVD. The DVD is formated with a UDF-File System.
 Then you just mount it and can copy your files direct on the disk.
The DVD looks like a little Hard Disk for Amanda.
Ok, its not very fast, but i have time.

So Amanda dumps first at the holding disk, and then write to the dvd.

Hello folks

I use DVD-RAMs successfully with Amanda too, accessing them directly as though they were tapes. The key is the
        tapedev "file:/dvdram"
line in the configuration file, and NOT using any sort of tape changer.

Unlike Sebastian, I format the DVD-RAM disks as ext2 before using them.

cheers

Chris