Amanda-Users

Re: Support for DVD-RAM?

2006-08-09 13:32:20
Subject: Re: Support for DVD-RAM?
From: Chris Dennis <chris.dennis AT ndirect.co DOT uk>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 09 Aug 2006 17:26:03 +0100
mario wrote:
Hello Chris, Hello Sebastian,

On Mon, 2006-08-07 at 01:00 +0100, Chris Dennis wrote:
Hello folks

I use DVD-RAMs successfully with Amanda too, accessing them directly as though they were tapes. The key is the
        tapedev "file:/dvdram"
line in the configuration file, and NOT using any sort of tape changer.

Unlike Sebastian, I format the DVD-RAM disks as ext2 before using them.

How do you two solve the "splitting problem"? What happens in your case
if your backup does not fit onto one DVD?

Yours, Mario

I've avoided the problem (so far) by making sure that none of my DLE's are that big.

cheers

Chris