Amanda-Users

Re: Support for DVD-RAM?

2006-08-05 07:33:18
Subject: Re: Support for DVD-RAM?
From: Sebastian Marten <sebi4711 AT gmail DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Sat, 05 Aug 2006 13:24:41 +0200
Hello,
I use a backup to DVD-RAM since February 2006.

Here the important parts of my config:

runtapes 1

tapedev "file:/dvdram"

tapetype DVD47G                 # what kind of tape it is (see tapetypes
below)
labelstr "^weekly-[0-9][0-9]*$"

holdingdisk hd1 {
    comment "main holding disk"
    directory "/<path>"      # where the holding disk is
    use 5000 Mb }

define tapetype DVD47G {
     length 4350 MB
     filemark 4KB
 }

ok, then i createt a soft link from /dvdram to /dec/hdc #my dvd writer

/etc/fstab:

/dev/hdc                /dvdram                 udf
uid=33,gid=6,noatime,umask=000,owner,noauto,user,rw 0 0

The uid and gid dont work on my kernel (2.6.9-34), so the dvd-ram always
 belongs to root:root, so i added a line to corntab which canges the
user to amanda before starting the backup.
On newer kernel-version this sould work wihout chown of the files.

To use dvds as tapes you must make a dir called data on every dvd.
Then you can label the tapes:

amlabel weekly weekly-01

I hope I can help you.
regards