Amanda-Users

restoring from DVDs

2006-08-04 19:38:58
Subject: restoring from DVDs
From: Laurence Darby <ldarby AT tuffmail DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Sat, 5 Aug 2006 00:29:43 +0100

Hi All,

So one of my disks crashed before I had time to test all the DVD's I
backed up to can be read, so I'm currently testing that now... :-/

Haven't had any read errors yet, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed :)

BTW, it was actually one disk of nice and fast RAID 0 (so I'm
restoring to the one good disk). Does anybody know if data recovery from
it would be possible?  I hope *not*, since I'm sending it back under
waranty, and I can't erase it cos its dead, although it sounded like
the platter might be all scratched up...

Cheers,
Laurence