Amanda-Users

Re: restoring from DVDs

2006-08-06 13:25:09
Subject: Re: restoring from DVDs
From: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Sun, 6 Aug 2006 13:14:50 -0400
On Sun, Aug 06, 2006 at 03:14:40PM +0100, Laurence Darby wrote:
> Ross Vandegrift wrote:

> This is besides the point, but that wont work, and I'm not sure if you
> completely understand the situation. I *DON'T* want data to be
> recovered from the drive, and because I'm returning it under warranty, I
> want the data on it to be destroyed.

I wonder about returning it under warranty.
If the data has sufficient sensitivity, it might be easiest
to eat the cost of a new replacement drive.  The net-cost
would be reduced by the time spent trying to destroy the data.

If you do retain it, are there mechanical shredders that would
chew up a disk drive?  Yeah, I know there are, just are they
easily and cost effective to consider.

 JG Computing
 4455 Province Line Road        (609) 252-0159
 Princeton, NJ  08540-4322      (609) 683-7220 (fax)