Amanda-Users

Re: Incorrect bahaviour causes backup loss - further update!!

2006-07-28 13:37:47
Subject: Re: Incorrect bahaviour causes backup loss - further update!!
From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 13:21:20 -0400
On Friday 28 July 2006 13:05, Frank Smith wrote:
>> Alan Pearson wrote:
>>> Now I'm faced with more difficulties because of this.
>>>
>>> Amanda is only dumping at level2 the machine it overwrote the only
>>> full backup of.
>>>
>>> How can I force a level 0 dump ?
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>
>Pavel gave a response on 'how', but I'm confused as to the 'why'.
>If the last full dump was overwritten, shouldn't Amanda be trying
>to schedule a level 0 anyway, since there is no level 0 to base
>an incremental on?
>
>Frank

There ya go again Frank, actually thinking, so you point that out to
confuse us. :-)

Good question, it should be trying, BUT ISTR amanda uses the index files
for that detection, so maybe they were generated but the tape wasn't?  I
can't quite see something like that getting past the coders though.

message by Gene Heskett are: