Amanda-Users

Re: Problems using amanda to backup SMB shares

2006-07-11 12:13:34
Subject: Re: Problems using amanda to backup SMB shares
From: Nathan Weston <nathan AT genarts DOT com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 12:08:27 -0400
Matt Hyclak wrote:

Yes, you need to create an /etc/amandapass file with the appropriate
username/password combinations. man amanda for the details.

As for the second problem, I don't see anything in the .debug files that gives me a clue. The permissions for /etc/amandates look like this:
-rw-r-----  1 amandabackup disk 0 Jul 10 17:20 /etc/amandates

Any ideas?

Is the user you configured amanda as actually "amandabackup" or is it really
just "amanda"?

I already created /etc/amandpass, and I really am running amcheck as the user "amandabackup" -- I installed from the zmanda RPMs and this is how they set things up.

But, I seem to have found the source of the problem -- I'm running Fedora Core 4 which has SELinux enabled by default. When I turn that off, amcheck runs with no errors.

Is there an easy way to make amanda play nice with SELinux?
If not, I can live with SELinux disabled, since our backup server is only accessible from the LAN anyway.

--
Nathan Weston                   nathan AT genarts DOT com