Amanda-Users

Re: Rif: RE: Cluster backup

2006-05-31 10:13:40
Subject: Re: Rif: RE: Cluster backup
From: Matt Hyclak <hyclak AT math.ohiou DOT edu>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 10:05:24 -0400
On Wed, May 31, 2006 at 03:37:44PM +0200, Nicola Mauri enlightened us:
> Paul, thanks for your suggestions.
>
> On our machines, all network masks appear to be consistent. We'll try to
> configure different client instance on xinetd.
>
> Another frequent message error I didn't mention in my first post is:
>              aborted:nak error:  amandad busy
> which may sometimes lead to:
>              driver: (aborted:nak error:  amandad busy)(too many dumper
> retry)
>       virutalA  /apps/a  RESULTS MISSING
>
> Any ideas?

If I had to guess, I'd say that you had for example Server1 which has an IP
and also the VirtualA IP.

In you disklist you have DLEs for both Server1 and VirtualA.

Amanda contacts Server1 to start an estimate/dump.
Amanda tries to contact VirtualA to do the same, but amandad is already
  running on that machine.

Sound like a possibility?

Matt

--