Amanda-Users

Re: Rif: RE: Cluster backup

2006-05-31 10:51:25
Subject: Re: Rif: RE: Cluster backup
From: Paul Bijnens <paul.bijnens AT xplanation DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 16:43:32 +0200
On 2006-05-31 16:05, Matt Hyclak wrote:
On Wed, May 31, 2006 at 03:37:44PM +0200, Nicola Mauri enlightened us:
Paul, thanks for your suggestions.

On our machines, all network masks appear to be consistent. We'll try to configure different client instance on xinetd.

Another frequent message error I didn't mention in my first post is:
             aborted:nak error:  amandad busy
which may sometimes lead to:
driver: (aborted:nak error: amandad busy)(too many dumper retry)
      virutalA  /apps/a  RESULTS MISSING

Any ideas?

If I had to guess, I'd say that you had for example Server1 which has an IP
and also the VirtualA IP.
In you disklist you have DLEs for both Server1 and VirtualA.

Amanda contacts Server1 to start an estimate/dump.
Amanda tries to contact VirtualA to do the same, but amandad is already
  running on that machine.

Sound like a possibility?

Sounds very reasonable.

I have been thinking about handling more than one amandad by
adding more than one amandad listening, each bound to only
one IP-number.

Asssuming you have two interfaces, or an alias to one interface:

   eth0      IP 192.168.0.1/24
   eth0:1    IP 192.168.0.2/24

You can add some parameters in the xinetd.conf file for the amandad service:

   service amandad
   {
      id = amandad1             # give this entry a unique name
      bind = 192.168.0.1        # bind to this IP-number
      ...rest of the params...
   }
   service amandad
      id = amandad2
      bind = 192.168.0.2        # bind to the other IP-number
   }

I did not yet have time to test this out...
Any feedback welcome.

--
Paul Bijnens, xplanation Technology Services        Tel  +32 16 397.511
* I think I've got the hang of it now:  exit, ^D, ^C, ^\, ^Z, ^Q, ^^, *