Amanda-Users

Re: Disagreements between amplot, amstatus

2006-05-31 09:44:04
Subject: Re: Disagreements between amplot, amstatus
From: Ross Vandegrift <ross AT kallisti DOT us>
To: Pavel Pragin <ppragin AT zmanda DOT com>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 09:37:14 -0400
On Tue, May 30, 2006 at 01:50:21PM -0700, Pavel Pragin wrote:
> >But amplot's Bandwidth Allocated graph shows the line mostly pegged at 0%
> >the
> >entire time.  From glancing through the amplot scripts, I'm guessing
> >this should be labeled "Bandwidth Free"?
> >
> If you run amstatus again what is the value you have in the field below:
> network free kps:  ?
> also what is your inparallel and maxdumps set to in amanda.conf?

network free kps:    189380
inparallel 15
maxdumps 2

I don't think maxdumps will affect much - my DLEs happen to almost
always be single spindle boxes.  As a result, disks don't happen
simultaneously on the same host.  That's okay with me though.

How is network free kps calulated?  I played a little bit yesterday
with figuring out how 80 Mbps is related to 189380 but couldn't really
come up with anything...

--
Ross Vandegrift
ross AT kallisti DOT us