Amanda-Users

Problems with amreport and postfix

2006-05-15 16:27:02
Subject: Problems with amreport and postfix
From: Josh Steadmon <steadmon AT cs.utk DOT edu>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 16:20:38 -0400
Hello all,

I apologize if this has been discussed before.  I've searched Google and
the amanda-users archive, but didn't find anything similar to my
problem.

I was wondering if anyone using postfix is having the same problems I
am.  In the past, I've built Amanda with MAILER="/usr/bin/Mail", but I'd
rather get amreport to work directly with postfix.  I've now built
Amanda without explicitly specifying the mailer, and the configure
script chooses postfix's version of sendmail.  However, this version of
sendmail doesn't like the -s "Subject..." option, so amreport can't send
mail.  This is the error message I get when I try to run amreport by
hand:

sendmail: invalid option -- s
sendmail: fatal: usage: sendmail [options]
amreport: mail command failed: /usr/sbin/sendmail -s "testing_tape AMANDA MAIL
REPORT FOR BogusMonth 0, 0" labstaff AT cs.utk DOT edu

So, do any postfix users have some tips on how to get amanda to use
postfix directly?

Thanks,
Josh Steadmon