Amanda-Users

Re: amanda on Mac OS X

2006-05-15 16:39:31
Subject: Re: amanda on Mac OS X
From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <sgw AT amanda DOT org>
To: "Amanda user's group" <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 22:35:10 +0200
Michael Weiser schrieb:
> Hello Karel,
> Hello list,
>
> FYI: I'm happily running amanda-2.5.0 on Mac OS X 10.4.6. No compile
> problems whatsoever and as a special treat, Apple has updated their UNIX
> utilities in 10.4 to properly work with HFS+ and resource forks. So no
> hfstar/xtar is needed any more. I've tested this quite a bit and found
> it to work nicely, although I haven't tested a full system recovery.

I am happy to hear that Amanda works for you.

> An update to
> https://webserver.brandeis.edu/pages/view/Bio/AmandaMacOSXCompileNotes
> or http://www.amanda.org/docs/systemnotes.html#id2526824 to reflect this
> change might be nice.

The amanda.org-page only points to Karel's site, I'd like to include his
content in the amanda.org-pages, but unfortunately Karel hasn't replied
to my mail back then ...

So currently I am only able to link to this URL.

If you could provide some new Howto and allow the Amanda-team to use it,
I'll be happy to update the official docs.

> Thanks and keep up the great work!

I'm trying to ............

Stefan