Amanda-Users

Re: starttime question

2006-05-04 09:08:36
Subject: Re: starttime question
From: "Guy Dallaire" <clepeterd AT gmail DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 4 May 2006 09:01:32 -0400

2006/5/4, Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>:

I exepected that to be the answer.  I did not see how the planner
could do its job otherwise.

However I was under the impression that delayed starttime was
something to recommend for clients that may not be available
when amdump starts or that couldn't be burdened at that time.
Yet the estimates are a form of burden too.

In the cases where the estimates are too much of a burden, you could use the "estimate CALCSIZE" parameter for those DLE which is pretty quick and does not induce as much work, but at the detriment of precision.