Amanda-Users

starttime question

2006-05-03 11:37:51
Subject: starttime question
From: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
To: Jon LaBadie <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Wed, 3 May 2006 11:34:38 -0400
'starttime' is listed with other dumptype options.
So I could apply it to particular clients or DLEs
by specifying unique dumpttype containing starttime's.

I'm wondering how that affects the estimate and planning
phases of amdump.

  Are the estimates for delayed DLEs also delayed?
  Or are they done at the beginning with all other DLEs?

  If the estimates for delayed DLEs are also delayed to
  the starttime, how does the planner account for the
  unknown size of the delayed dumps?

 JG Computing
 4455 Province Line Road        (609) 252-0159
 Princeton, NJ  08540-4322      (609) 683-7220 (fax)